Wow, we are in the middle of July already. Would you believe that I was wearing pants and a sweatshirt this past weekend at Lifest?! IT'S JULY PEOPLE!
So, what's new with us you ask? Little I guess. We continue researching which adoption agency to use, moreso due to the following.
Within 10 days, friends have called upon us to ask how our adoption process was going. Both shared that they each knew of two different people that want to make adoption plans for their child. This just goes to show me that God is always thinking of us and the desires of our heart!
Slight problem. We don't have a home study done! We need one done so we can be approved and that will allow us to be placed with children. Our prayers go out to all birthmoms and dads, they make difficult decisions in regards to their children and their future. I truly hope we can have an open adoption with our child(ren)'s birthfamily.
So continue to pray for the birthfamilies, discernment on our part for an agency, and that we continue to seek God's will for the two of us as we expand our family through adoption.
1 comment:
Kim, you wouldn't remember me, but I worked with Jack back at the Alliance when you two married.
I just read your blog entry about adopting! Congratulations on your decision to adopt! My husband & I adopted our adorable son at birth...he'll be 3 in December, and God truly was looking out for us as I'm sure He will be watching over you! The best thing about adoption is that, in the end, there is a child out there for you to love!
You are in one of the most exciting, and frustrating times of your adoption journey. I pray that God give both you & Jack the strength to continue on to that most rewarding time in your life...when that precious baby is placed in your arms!
God Bless!
Kathy (Lampe) Prowse
Post a Comment