You would think with me (Kimberly) not having a job I would blog more often. Sorry dude, far from the truth. Enough excuses, let's hop to it.
Adoption: Good news is we're updating our Home Study, as we have to keep it current to maintain our foster license (which has not been signed over anyways to us as we have no placement). Okay news is that we've been waiting officially eleven months, of which six is with Lifetime. Bad news is I have little patience now, hehe.
Me: I've been busy doing volunteer work/shopping without a cause, right Jack? I started in November volunteering at our local food pantry, often. I also joined the board for a new ministry we are starting at my church called: Mission: Hope, His Heart for Children; based on James 1:27. We will officially launch to the congregation on January 25, 2009. We have three branches to this ministry: Orphan Care, Adoption Awareness/Support, and Foster Care Support. My role is Foster Care Support leader. One of the things I did recently was to go and visit the foster care social workers for both our county and the overflow agency from the county next to us. They were so pleased to get "thank you for serving these kids" gifts as well as an introduction as to what our ministry is about from yours truly. I still get nervous doing public speaking, but when one is passionate about something, they learn to overcome fears! Another part of the FCS is to take 9x13 meals to families that are placed with foster children as most are adjusting to another person in the home and don't think to cook a decent meal besides say, pizza, or grilled cheese and instant potatoes. Since I have some freezer space, I'd thought I'd volunteer to be the coordinator of taking the meals, keeping them in my freezer and then delivering where needed, when the need arises. Does anyone have a spare freezer I could have in case this becomes bigger than we thought? :)
Jack: He's one busy guy, he should write here about himself, but again, a busy guy! I'm so proud that his business is doing well now. An established team for the last 5-6 months, AND! they're moving by the end of the month to a place that is double in size, has a garage/dock and is almost $300 less a month in rent! Thank you God!!!!! They can finally get out of this basement place they've been at forever, well since the partner started the old business there, and get their own offices as owners! Too bad I won't be able to visit there for a few months due to my new construction allergies (latex (carpet glue and paint) and dust). I'm sure Jack is happy I won't be there too often, ha!
The Boys: Well, Zoey is at it again, picking his feathers crazy. We just don't know how to control it, it's almost like ezcema for people, just feathers irritate him right now. Alex loves saying, "fire, fire, fire" as I said it often when we watched The Apprentice and Donald Trump would say those words, "You're Fired"; I would say that to Alex. So now I say, "snow Alex, snow outside" when he starts saying "fire, fire". I have to videotape him doing that..too funny.
Life: Is good. God is good, all the time. All the time, God is good. Our favorite holiday is Thanksgiving. There's no pressure of gifts, and families really enjoy getting together around that day. Then there's Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving, hehe. We hope next Thanksgiving or Christmas we can go to Florida and visit my family during this season. Last time we did during this particular season was 2005, *sigh*, so long ago. We're getting older, nieces and nephews are graduating college or walking. I know for sure I have some rough days just wondering what God is trying to do with me, and those are the days where I realize I am a dam, blocking the water of Life that runs through me to be like Jesus to others.
May you all know that you have an important place in our hearts, now and always. We hope that someone else is in your hearts too, and that is Jesus Christ. He truly is the reason for the season.
May God bless you and we wish you a Merry Christmas!
3 comments:
Wow--about time you gave us a little update. Is that Apatash who is picking the feathers?
What a year, eh? I'll be glad to see it go.
Okay, its 2009. Time to post!
When you say "My church" ... where is Jack attending? Are you two not attending the same church?
Post a Comment