Monday, November 15, 2010

Busy week!

So I am trying to post something once a week now, shocking, eh?!

This past weekend was quite busy at our church, Oakwood Church, with the ministry, Mission: Hope, as we presented a plea for the orphans during National Orphan Sunday.  I truly hope some seeds were planted for God's will and work to be done for these orphans.

Tomorrow, Alex and Zoey go for their annual vet trip! Exciting, I know, for them, not so much! LOL  Otherwise we both have our regular work schedules to attend to.

This Friday will be busy in regards to our foster child, Little One.  We will be meeting the Guardian ad litem, the child's lawyer, for the first time that morning.  That afternoon we will have our monthly visit from our caseworker, the FAS, Foster and Adoption Specialist; as well as Little One's case worker, OCM, Ongoing Case Manager.  I'm still hoping we can get the GAL to come at the same time as the FAS and OCM so that everyone is on the same page in regards to the TPR, Termination of Parental Rights.

I just want to share one quick thing that I will always remember from one of my bible study groups:

Seek Jesus first and all other things will follow.  Put other things first, then Jesus will get lost in the mix.  In other words, Jesus is your vision correction device.  Where is your focus?

Have a blessed week y'all!

No comments: