Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Update / Vacation pictures

Wow, quite a bit has happened since my last post!


I wish this kid was ours, but in fact it is my first nephew AJ born 6 weeks ago back in Orlando. Doesn't Jack look so great holding a newborn, and he takes great pictures of me too! LOL

We had a blast for the 4 short days we were at Disney World / Night of Joy and visiting my family. My sister even made it down (thanks B/whoever else) for the surprise when I got to my oldest brother's house. I got to see my 3 princesses from GA, how sweet that was. It was almost 2 years since I last saw them.

So that was our break from adoption world, so to speak. We were snapping up pictures with my family to add to our profile as well.

We ask that you continue praying for me please. The pain has not subsided much in my pelvic area. We have confirmed that I do have cysts, and more issues, too girly to write about here. If you want more information, e-mail me. :) Right now we have to battle it out with the insurance company as to why my doctor ordered the CT Scan first instead of the ultrasound, as they are denying my claim for that reason. Plus, with my phyiscal completed on Monday with further testing sent for lab, we may have a better picture of what's going on, before proceeding with an ultrasound. I have peace about whatever happens, I just don't like pain! Who does?!

Besides the medical paperwork, all we have left is our guardianship plan, autobiographies, dear birthfamily letter, and financial assets list to turn in. We know adoption will happen for us, we just have to wait on God and his timing for all of this. I have let go of the idea that our firstborn has to have a September birthday, our second and possibly third can. :) That's it for now, just pray for both of us to complete our paperwork and honor God's plan for our lives.

3 comments:

Erin said...

It is hard to remember that God is truly in control when things aren't moving in the timetable that you want them to. Especially when you are waiting on such a "big" thing as your child to be adopted.

However the wait can be a blessing too. God is so faithful to us and loves us, and wants us to learn from our times of trials.

Good luck, you'll get there.

Muskie Mom said...

Ran across your blog from the bethany forums. God's blessings on your adoption journey. It's quite a ride.
The adoption of our daughter was final last April, but not without much prayer and deliberation on our part. If we wouldn't have waited and taken our time with things, we wouldn't have this little blessing in our family. It's all in God's hands!
BTW - I live in Wisconsin too!
check out my blog: www.minnowmusings.blogspot.com

MB North said...

I can not believe how big the kids have gotten Kimmy!!! And BOY does her oldest look JUST LIKE HER MAMA!!!! WOW!!!

MISS YOU TONS!!!

XOXOX
MB