I was asked a wonderful question by a Richard in my life, and no, it was not either of our dads. Here's what he wrote: "I have several close friends who shed an endless amount of tears over the adoption of their children. It shouldn't be that way, right?"
What do you think the answer is?
Adoption is very real. It is one family's loss and another family's gain. One is grieving the loss that they are unable to parent at that time, while another is rejoicing in the ability to live their dream. More often than not, both families are complete strangers forged to make a bond through a child/ren. Did you know that God did the same for us through Jesus? He adopted us! Although we are born of this world, he is no stranger to us; he knows us intimately, "I know the hairs on their head". We can make a bond with him through Jesus, the one whom our sins put on the cross and held him there. Yet God chose to bring Jesus back home and reign with him to show us that there is hope. And that is what Easter is about for me: rebirth, recommitment to the One who has laid the path before me and I choose to follow, rejoicing for the day to come when that trumpet blares and He comes on that white horse to take me home. Thank you God for this season, AMEN!
1 comment:
Good stuff, Kimberly. That Richard guy sounds like one smart guy!
Post a Comment