What a crazy couple of months it has been. End of the school year brings graduations, and this year we had 2 graduations in one family, an 8th grader and a senior in high school. We had this in another family last year here.
As noted in our last update in April, we were getting our adoption profile books updated with our Hawaii (anniversary) trip and they had been sent off to Lifetime. June marks our one year anniversary with Lifetime Adoption.
So what's new with us? Not a whole lot really. Jack is doing real well with his company. They're all settled in at their new location and even hired a new employee, so now four technicians on staff besides Jack and his business partner, Mike. I, on the other hand, have not been as successful with employment. I have been trying to get temporary work as the wonderful world of adoption throws a lot of "what-if" situations at you. I still serve as Foster Care Support Coordinator for Mission: Hope and am on the board at the Hartland Food Pantry. Jack hasn't been able to fly out a whole lot now as he is now President of the aviation club he belongs to. That boy is in meetings besides his job, 3 out of the 5 business days a week, with all of his extracirricular activities!
Jack and I are going to San Diego in 3 weeks for Jack's business training. He was so sweet in how he tried to book the vacation by himself, saying it was just business, until he forwarded me an e-mail of his plans, and they were including me! Going to have to take advantage of these child-less opportunities!
Tomorrow I will be appearing on a local t.v. show, or webisode actually. It will be on the web next week at http://www.my1channel.com/ under Aroma Cafe (talk show channel). Check it out, along with my short hairdo! This is a wonderful ministry to serve those of us here in the Milwaukee area, keeping the Christians abreast of what's going on, just like our old job at the radio station.
Also, you'll see on the left there those "annoying ads". That is actually one way I am trying to raise a bit of money for us due to my unemployment. I just received a few medical bills in the mail and boy am I in shock. Let's just say the OOP expenses for the year are half met and it's just two doctor visits...sigh. So, that's our update at this moment! Till next time, keep praying for us, to keep our eyes on Jesus and let all other things come second to Him!
No comments:
Post a Comment